Kwint Law Firm
Kwint is a niche law firm specialised in labour law and social security.
A no-nonsense approach
Kwint favours direct and personal contact combined with fast and efficient service. Our service is tailor-made: advice via telephone in urgent cases, a solid memo when needed. In all cases our advice is of outstanding quality.
Fifty years of experience
Kwint combines a personal and direct approach with the expertise and experience of a niche firm. Isabelle, Vincent and Maarten together have 50 years of experience in leading law firms specialised in social law.
Our approach allows us to charge honest fees. Prevent, solve, dispute, in that order. We strongly believe in a preventive approach, but when necessary we assist you in court.
Kwint Law Firm was established in 2015 and currently counts five lawyers specialized in labour law and social security. Amongst our clients, we count multinationals, as well as small and medium-sized companies.
Maarten Simon assists employers with all their questions concerning employment contracts, working hours, compensation and benefits, privacy, discrimination, protected employees, trade union relations and well-being at work. He counsels companies during restructuring processes and frequently conducts negotiations with the trade unions. He is a regular lecturer at Vlerick Business School.
Isabelle Quintyn counsels businesses in finding the most appropriate solution to take leave of employees (performance related dismissals, end of a career, reorganisation). In addition she is also active in other areas of social law such as protected employees, drawing up collective bargaining agreements, negotiations with trade unions, competition and strikes.
Vincent Cauwels takes a special interest in social security disputes, problems of fake self-employment, social inspections, social penal law and working with foreign sub-contractors.
Some examples of services
- We advise employers on the dismissal of employees (calculating severance, defining the strategy, negotiating a settlement agreement);
- We provide guidance in case of possible fraud by employees (coordinating the investigations, preparing the interrogation of employees, drafting dismissal letters);
- We conduct social legal audits (due diligence);
- We draft tailor-made employment contracts, work rules and policies;
- We give advice on privacy laws at the workplace (monitoring e-mails, cameras, data protection, background screening);
- We assist employers during investigations by social inspection services (both before and during the investigation and, where necessary, in court);
- We assist employers who are (threatened to be) prosecuted for employment-related infringements (serious industrial accidents, unreported employment, fake self-employment, ...): this includes negotiations with the Public Prosecutor as well as conducting proceedings before criminal courts;
- We assist employers who are confronted with unfair competition by former employees or directors;
- We provide advice concerning the self-employed status of managers, directors and consultants;
- We organise in-house trainings on various employment law related topics.