Moore Stephens is an audit firm with a focus on forensic services and risk analytics solutions
Our Belgian investigations and disputes advisory team is led by Frank Staelens. Frank is the honorary President of the Belgian Institute of Forensic Auditors and the current President of the European Institute of Fraud Auditors. He has 26 years of experience with risk, compliance and forensic audits. He started his career as a police officer and then worked within big 4 for 16 years. Frank is certified fraud examiner, registered forensic auditor, certified security advisor and mediator in commercial affairs. Koen Van Eupen is an Audit Partner,. Koen followed a Master in Forensic Auditing, is certified as a company auditor and has experience with forensic audits. Geert De Rouck is the Director in charge of our internal audit services. Geert is the former EMEA Internal Audit leader of EY. He is a Registered Forensic Auditor and Member of the Board of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (Belgian Chapter).
Advanced risk analytics
At Moore Stephens we are specialized in the analysis of data on the presence of unusual transactions that could represent risks such as process, business partner, payment, compliance and fraud risks. Through our libraries of rules we can perform risk scans on complete data populations and obtain actionable risk insights from data sets such as accounting data, payment information, master data and event/change logs. We report our results through interactive dashboards that enable further visual insights and facilitate the risk disposal process. Our risk analytics tools can also be used to quantify damages. Through our partners we have access to machine learning and text mining techniques.
We have advanced interview skills to get the right confessions at the right time.
Some examples of services
- Manage investigations in fraud matters (misappropriation of company assets, IP/data theft, bribery, tax fraud, parallel business, ...);
- Manage investigations in non compliance matters (anti-trust, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, ...);
- Assistance with asset recovery;
- Anti-fraud due diligence audits;
- Analyse hidden, encrypted and restored deleted information from hard drives of PC's and servers;
- Analyse email communication in accordance with data privacy regulations;
- Use ediscovery systems and assist with document reviews;
- Use rules engines to identify the presence of internal control weaknesses, business process inefficiencies, compliance/fraud risks and data quality issues;
- Develop interactive dashboards with access to external databases for master data enrichment purposes and business partner reputation checks;
- Use text mining techniques to retrieve useful information from a large stack of hard copy documents;
- Use machine learning techniques for behavioral profiling and anomaly detection in large data sets;
- Implement risk/fraud management systems;
- Perform fraud risk assessments.
moorestephens.be (Fraud Investigations & Dispute Resolution)
moorestephens.be (Risk Analytics)